Rose Virginie Good Shepherd Centre offers a SAFE HAVEN and TEMPORARY SHELTER for women and girls in crisis situations such as:
- Women, mothers and their children who are experiencing abuse in their relationships or through domestic / family violence
- Teenage girls / women in pregnancy who are unwed or in crises
- Women experiencing conflict in their marriage
- Women in personal or family difficulties
- Survivors of rape or assault
The Micro Enterprise Project
This Project benefits the Centre's women in crisis.
- It provides a daily routine for the women to be occupied in skilled work.
- It is an employment opportunity for single mothers and present/past residents who are in need of financial assistance.
- It inculcates discipline, work ethics and a sense of shared responsibility.
- It promotes a self-help attitude, dignity and self worth as well as financial aid for the women to start life again when they leave the Centre.
These products produced by this Centre are sold at our [centres] throughout Malaysia.
During festive seasons, cookies and cakes are available for sale.
How you can join us in Rose Virginie Good Shepherd Centre
The programs of Rose Virginie Good Shepherd Centre are conducted by a pool of staff and volunteers. You can join us in our volunteer program which journeys with the residents in the following areas:
- Support in the areas of transportation to clinics/hospitals
- Skills development e.g. computer classes, literacy programs etc
- Social Activities
- Providing Tuition for children
- Micro Enterprise Project