The YouthPREP Centre aims to
- provide Sabah youths with a ‘point of reference’ or ‘a port of call’ particularly for those who are deciding to leave home for the first time
- conduct programs that contributes to personal formation and enhance personal skills in the areas of communication and decision making
- provide a range of counseling services such as career guidance and personal counseling.
- facilitate on-going skills development programs which will enhance job opportunities for the youths
- aid local youth who require support and other forms of assistance. This would include a hotline/helpline service, free legal aid etc.
- enable youths to fellowship and congregate in a safe place to network with each other.
- provide linkage or contact points for youths intending to work or study in West Malaysia, Singapore and elsewhere.
- strengthen the position of YPC as a key advocate for youths in relation to education and gender-based violence
- build the capacity of youths to become agents of change in eliminating violence and discrimination
- Provide youths at the margins with access to affordable tertiary education at technical or vocational schools, as well as universities
The facilities at the Centre include computers with free internet services, meeting rooms, a music corner, reading resources, a multipurpose hall and a hostel/asrama. The set up of the YouthPREP Centre is a Corporate Social Responsibility project by Sabah Credit Corporation.
Pusat Belia YouthPREP Alamesra First Floor, Lot 25 Block E, Phase 2 Lorong Plaza Utama 1 Alamesra Jalan Sulaman 88400 Kota Kinabalu Sabah.
Tel: +6 088 485 371
Fax: +6 088 485 372
- Be a volunteer
- Share your expertise to benefit the youths.